Monday 17 September 2012

Tribute to Dandy 75th.

A little bit more work that I've been developing recently. With the news that the Dandy is to close, I decided to do a small tribute. Rather than concentrate on Dan, Korky or co, I felt it would be more interesting to update an older character.

Jimmy and his Grockle was a strip that first appeared in Dandy number 1 back on the 4th December 1937. Drawn by James Clark, it featured a boy who is sent an egg by an uncle which then hatches out into an anthropomorphic dragon with fiery breath and an excellent right hook.

My modern interpretation keeps a similar premise but brings it up to date using a misadventure on an internet auction site. It's still a bit of a work in progress - I need to add some cuts and highlights to my work before it is ready.

Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment