Tuesday 7 August 2012

Anubis On The Road: Cover mock up


After a bit of planning, I've come up with the final idea for my cover for my small press comic, which I hope to have completed by the end of the summer. The intention is to create a sixteen page short story - so far eight pages down, eight to go. I decided to have a bit of a break from the main story and have a go at designing the cover. Rather than going down the road of inking and then colouring on a graphics program such as Photoshop, I felt it would be more interesting to try to hand colour and letter the cover to give it a bit more of a handmade look. This mock up should help in the positioning of elements as well as different line thickness to use to create a sense of depth to my work. I'm fairly happy with the result so I'll do some simple colour tests with markers and paints to judge what works best before working on the final cover.




That's all for now.
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment